Overview of CCC

The establishment of Cadet College Chilas is one of the CBMs of the Diamer Bhasha Dam Project (DBDP). The decision was made by former Prime Minister of Pakistan, Mr. Shaukat Aziz, during his visit to the DBD site on 23 February 2006. The project was undertaken by DBDP and Education Department GB as a joint venture. However, the establishment of the College got delayed till 2013 because of some technical reasons, including the non-availability of requisite land at Chilas. In 2013, the required land, 125 acres, was acquired at Darandas, Goherabad, 45 km from Chilas. 

It was also decided that till the construction of the new College, classes may be started for cadets of Cadet College Chilas in some Govt schools to start the journey of a new beacon of light in Diamer. On 16 December 2013, classes were started in the building of Public School Chilas with a pioneering entry of 57 x cadets. The founding Principal of the College was Brig Ejaz Ahmad Najaf, Sitara-e-Imtiaz(M). The College color was maroon, the motto was “READ TO LEAD,” and the demonym was chosen “Diamerians” after the name of the Distt, where the College was established. So far, 2 x entries have been successfully passed out, of which 10 x Cadets are studying in Medical Colleges, 10 x Cadets in Engineering Colleges, and 1 x Cadet is undergoing training at PMA. At present, 2 x classes are getting an education at the College. 

The construction work of the new campus is 90% completed, and the remaining 10% will be completed by Dec 2021. hopefully, the College will be shifted to a new campus at the start of 2022. The new campus is spread over a wide area of 125 acres of land, consisting of state-of-the-art buildings including an academic cum adm block, triple storied mess/auditorium/exam hall block, 3 x spacious hostels, hospital, mosque, and staff residences along with many playgrounds. Cadet College Chilas will go a long way in bringing an educational revolution in this area. They will prove to be a source of enlightenment, peace, prosperity, patriotism, and brotherhood for the people of Diamer, GB, and Pakistan. Insha Allah.